Chatbots are nothing new, but businesses have only begun to exploit their benefits. Bots have gained popularity more than ever by bringing new ways to market your business.
In a study conducted by Acquire, 40% of millennials admitted to chatting with chatbots daily. You don't want to be left out of this growing market!
What is a Chatbot?
Chatbots are computer programs that simulate interactive chat with the user through messaging apps, websites, mobile apps, or through telephone calls.
There are different types of chatbots created for various functions. They include:
- Scripted/Quick reply bots: Have a predefined set of questions that the user is anticipated to ask matched with specific responses and prompts.
- Service chatbots: Seek relevant information from the user to take or complete an action, for example, checking flight status.
- Social media chatbots: These are integrated with social media apps such as Facebook for interaction with your company directly through the platform.
- Context enabled chatbots: They are the advanced conversational bots that utilize the power of Artificial Intelligence and machine learning. They have a memory of previous interactions and learn with continuous use. Examples include Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri.
- Voice-enabled chatbots: These bots accept inputs through voice to act, answer questions and perform other tasks.
What Do Chatbots Do?
Chatbots are transforming how consumers interact with brands. If you've interacted with a website chatbot, you may have been amazed at how well they work. Incorporating them into your website comes with a myriad of benefits that can improve user experience on the site.
Here are the reasons why you should consider adding a chatbot to your website.
1. Chatbots Improve Response Rate
Quick responses and getting answers to queries right away have become the new benchmark for rating customer service. You don't want your customers to search for an alternative solution just because no one was there to answer their questions or attend to their problems.
Bots never sleep. They collect all the relevant information regarding the business products and services and attend to your customers 24/7.
2. Perform Repetitive Tasks
Bots can help getting rid of routine tasks by simultaneously processing multiple requests from users. They can track sales and auto-answer FAQs without going for a break or running to the washroom. They can even set appointments and schedule follow-ups. All of this frees up your time and allows you to get to more important work.
3. Increase Productivity and Reduce Cost
Studies conducted by Juniper Research indicate that by 2022, chatbots will cut business cost by $8 billion. Most work that would be done by different people can now be done by one bot. What's more, bots provide access to information quickly and efficiently, boosting productivity.
4. Improve Customer Service
According to Ecoconsultancy, live chat software has the highest customer satisfaction rate, with 73% of users admitting to loving the experience. Live chat software that uses bots ranks above other customer chat points such as phone and SMS.
Bots are capable of collecting information on user needs and possible future actions, which helps in segment your audiences to offer better and faster solutions. They also alert and schedule live chats for sales teams.
Don't be the last to the party. Invest in building a chatbot for your website and business and start improving your company's efficiency through automation.
For more tips on website chatbots, please contact us.